I’ve always had an entrepreneurial spirit, a free-thinker if you will – daydreaming in a world of words under sunlit skies.
I learned from a very young age that writing was a tool I could use to help myself heal. Having experienced trauma as a child, I needed an outlet, and writing gave me an escape. I had my first poem published at age 11 – it was just the beginning.
Every heart-powered entrepreneur takes the journey of self-discovery…
I started off where most do – college, majoring in Psychology. I wanted to understand people, mostly I wanted to understand myself. I sought to overcome my anxiety and PTSD – naturally. But… something felt like it was missing from my studies.
Then, I saw an advertisement that forever changed my life. So, I called, and I learned that ‘natural’ was the core of the health coaching program I’d soon enroll in. Finally! The missing piece. In 2012, I immediately enrolled in the Institute for Integrative Nutrition. I remember the thrill and excitement, knowing that I was going to change lives – but first, I’d start with my own.
I learned about holistic modalities and how to approach life with a complete perspective.
This is where I came full circle.
I finally discovered what was stopping me from living my dreams – I didn’t believe in myself.
When I graduated from IIN, I immediately started pouring myself into putting my business and brand together in a way that felt right to me and aligned with my purpose. I designed my website, wrote my copy, and organically marketed my business to attract clients.
I realized that I wanted to impact through writing. This was the same tool I had always used to heal and manage my emotions.
Of course, I enjoyed coaching and creating nutrition programs for myself and for coaches, but what gave me the most fulfillment was empowering coaches to create a bigger impact by discovering who they were meant to serve and how to show up with words that connected.
I felt a calling to serve globally, to help entrepreneurs influence the world.
I see my impact daily, happening as a ripple effect – every time someone finds one of the entrepreneurs that I have served, two lives are affected: the entrepreneur and their client.
The personal scoop…
I’ve created balance in all areas of my life and built a space where I can work at home while my children quietly play in the next room with my husband.
My work gives me freedom and fulfillment.
I have four amazing children, three sons and one daughter who all have my heart. They are the reason my husband Frank and I work so hard – to give our children the life we’d always imagined. We make sure they have security, dependability, love; and we strive to teach them that it’s important to rise above your circumstances, live your purpose, and continually put in hard work to create your best life.
The best part? I get to work with entrepreneurs who dream of working on their own terms, making a difference where it matters to them, and being present in their own lives and families. With everything I write, I know that what I’m doing matters to someone and that what they do matters to someone else – and so, by helping each other in the ways we best know how, we make the world a better place one step at a time.
- Liberty University : Over 100 hours of Interdisciplinary Studies, specifically Psychology & Christian Counseling. This amazing education taught me how to understand people, their behavior, and motivations better, and apply psychological principles to better market and target a buyer’s experience.
- Total investment: $65,000+
- Institute for Integrative Nutrition : Received influential knowledge rooted in holistic health, which allowed me to develop a whole perspective and better understand human needs on a deeper level. This holistic education and perspective is the foundation of where Organic Copywriting and Marketing originated!
- Total investment: $5,000
- Creative Course w/ Paul Jarvis : Geared specifically for freelancers and entrepreneurs, this course is easily one of my best investments toward understanding how to discover and make long-lasting professional connections. I work to replicate this incredible lesson for all of my clients.
- Total investment: $274
- B-School w/ Marie Forleo : With B-School, I was able to get a step-by-step education about online marketing strategies specifically for small business owners and entrepreneurs. More than just trends at the time, this course taught me how to create a soul-driven, purpose-centered business.
- Total investment: $2000
- Virtual CEO w/ Eben Pagan : Creating an online business from the ground up sounds difficult, and trust me, it’s harder than it seems, but with Eben Pagan’s instructional course, I learned how to build a solid foundation for my virtual business, learning everything from managing my financials to marketing, building funnels, and setting up successful launches!
- Total investment: $0 – this $5,000 course was gifted to me from a client for whom I’m now the leading marketing strategist!
- 90-Day Year w/ Todd Herman : This is the stage-by-stage course I needed to put the knowledge I had about business into action, eliminate the unnecessary stuff that was stopping my progress, and learn to get out of my own way! This course is high-performance on point!
- Total investment: $500
- Money Bootcamp w/ Denise Duffield-Thomas : I learned how to completely shift my mindset to own my value as an entrepreneur while also empowering my thought processes. This translated into tapping into my deeper talents and developing a writing style that was more heart-centered and soul-driven!
- Total Investment: $1,997
All said and done, the price tag of my book smarts is a whopping $79,771! That’s not even including the self-study – or all my receipts from Barnes & Noble, Amazon, and other booksellers. (The number would easily be six digits!)
But here’s the thing – knowledge is priceless! I’m on a mission to never stop raising the bar because I know that there is always something new to learn.
Michelle Ellis is a New York-based copywriter and organic marketing strategist who works with entrepreneurs to help make their stories come alive and their profits increase with honesty that connects. Her specialties include compelling stories, guaranteed to be read marketing emails, and high-ticket sales pages. She owns a thriving business doing what she loves, is happily married, and has four children that light up her life. Sign up for her copywriting and marketing tips at
Interested in taking a journey with me to grow your business and share your story?